“As an accredited member of the American Camping Association you can be assured that we comply with up to 300 health, safety and program quality standards. Being accredited by the ACA is solid proof of our accountability, credibility and commitment to you, the parents, and your campers.”
Camp Orchard Hill has been hosting campers in the traditional overnight setting since 1978! We believe strongly in the value of leaving behind distractions and the noise of busy life for a week – to marvel at God’s creation, to build skills and to grow meaningful relationships with peers, mentors and Jesus Christ!
Give your kids a classic summer experience that’s skill strong, friend strong, faith strong…CAMP STRONG!
Derek Hodne, Program Director
Jay Trainer is a passionate follower of Christ, a husband, a daddy, an evangelist focused on students, and a ministry resourcing partner. He is the founder and coach of Infuzion, an itinerant youth ministry team. Jay currently travels with Infuzion around the United States and Canada, advocating excellence in organizations, individuals, and the people they serve.
Northeast Regional Coordinator for National Network of Youth Ministries
- A youth ministry veteran with experience in rural church, parachurch, multi-site and urban ministry.
- Trains leaders nationally, regionally, and locally.
- Married to Karen for 17 years.
- An advocate for church-community partnerships in Northeast Pennsylvania.
Born: October 31
Married: Monica Frank on September 18,1999
Children: The Peters’ family has been blessed with four adopted children named Leilani, Joshua, Anthony, and Elise. They also consider their two cats (Zenon and Zurg) to be their children as well, just slightly furrier.
Education: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a focus on Child and Adolescent Development from Lock Haven University, PA and currently working on a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies from Moody Theological Seminary, IL.
Favorite Scriptures: 1 Corinthians 9:22b-23; Philippians 1:6
Favorite Book of the Bible: Genesis (like any good read … the first book sets up the rest of the story)
Heroes: D.L. Moody, Charles Spurgeon, Christopher Peters (my father), and Larry-Boy the Cucumber
Favorite Speakers: Louie Gigleo, Francis Chan, Pastor Eric Tober, Pastor Dale Hummel
Favorite Food: Hot Wings, Calzones, a Grilled Cheeseburger, Mac and Cheese (the kind my mom makes), Carrots, and Peanut Butter Swirl Ice Cream
Favorite Movies: The Star Wars Saga, The Matrix Trilogy, The Goonies, and any Veggie Tales Video
Hobbies & Interests: People watching, making people laugh, the WWE universe, a good book, spending time with my wife and family, and underwater basket weaving
Favorite Reality Show: BIG BROTHER (all seasons)
Favorite Quote: “I would rather live my life serving a God that I believe exists and die to find out he was never there rather than live my life serving myself and believing that God does not exist and die to find out that he was there all along simply wanting me to accept him.”
Even though he was raised in a loving, Christian home, David spent most of his teen years living far from the will of God. But just before graduating high school, he gave his life to Christ at a youth event in Gainesville, FL. It would only be a matter of months before he received a call to ministry.
Immediately, David began to serve as a youth leader in his church – at the wise old age of 18 – and continued doing so while acquiring two undergraduate degrees in college. Afterwards, David attended seminary and gained a Master of Divinity in Church Ministry and was then ordained in the Southern Baptist church.
Since then, David has focused his efforts on helping the local church. He’s has pastored hundreds, spoken to thousands, and equipped ministry leaders around the world through training events, seminars, articles, and books.
Somewhere along the way, David found the time to meet, date, and marry a fabulous girl named Jennifer (who’s way out of his league). Now, they both enjoy ministry leadership, and their young son, Josiah Michael.
When David isn’t preaching, he’s usually looking for great BBQ joints or his errant golf shots.
Chase Snyder is a Tennessee native living in Metro Atlanta, where he serves as the High School and Young Adults Pastor at FBC Loganville. While in Tennessee, he served at a few non-profits, including a Christian camp. There, he served more than 60,000 students and adults and ate approximately 200,000 hot dogs. He is the founder of Ministry Bubble LLC, a ministry that produces books, blogs, and studies to help people apply the Bible to their daily lives. He is the author of three books: Stoked, Doer: Becoming a Christian Who Acts In A Passive Culture, and Doer Of God’s Word: A 30-Day Devotional For Students. He also writes downloadable studies for youth ministries. Chase and his wife Anne have two kids, Tripp and Brooke. Chase loves camping, reading, kayaking, playing Go Fish with his kids, Bigfoot conspiracies, and Chemex coffee.
Surge and Thrive Add-ons
An afternoon of watertubing on nearby Harvey’s Lake.
Paintball is an additional fee. $30 includes marker, mask and 500 paintballs. $20 if you bring your own marker.
Receive a Paid In Full discount when you register and pay your balance before May 1. (see registration page for specific pricing)
Camp Orchard Hill offers a tiered pricing structure that rewards you as you register!
OVERNIGHT CAMP INCENTIVES:
- Register and Pay in full by March 1 (see registration page for specific pricing)
- Register and Pay in full by May 1 (see registration page for specific pricing)
- Receive a multiple child incentive when you are registering more than one child in your immediate family. (see registration for specific pricing)
- Refer a Friend! Receive a $50 incentive for each new camper that you refer to overnight camp, up to the full price of your registration fee. (Camper must be new to Camp Orchard Hill and must write your name in the referral section of their registration. Not applicable for siblings.)
DAY CAMP INCENTIVES:
- Receive a Half-Summer Incentive Price when you register for 5-8 full weeks of Day Camp. (see registration page for specific pricing)
- Receive a Full-Summer Incentive Price when you register for 9 or 10 full weeks of Day Camp. (see registration page for specific pricing)
- Receive a multiple child incentive when you are registering more than one child in your immediate family. (see registration page for specific pricing)
- Refer a Friend! Receive a $25 referral incentive for each new camper that you refer to Day Camp, up to the full price of your registration fee. (Camper must be new to Camp Orchard Hill and must write your name in the referral section of their registration. Not applicable for siblings.)
A $100 non-refundable deposit is required for each resident week at the time of registration. All extra fee applications (Snackshop, and Add-on Electives) are refundable unless a camper attends camp and chooses not to participate in the add-on elective.
Cancellation and No-Show Policy
- $100 deposit will be charged for cancellations up to 4 weeks before camp.
- 50% of your camp fee will be charged for cancellations between 2 and 4 weeks before camp.
- 75% of your camp fee will be charged for cancellations between 1 and 2 weeks before camp.
- 100% of the camp fee will be charged for cancellations one week or less before camp and no-shows.
- Medical refunds require a doctor’s note.
A $50 non-refundable deposit is required for each day camp week at the time of registration. All extra fee applications (Transportation, Before/Aftercare and Snackshop) are refundable.
Transfer, Cancellation and Late Registration Policy
- Missed days of camp are not refunded or transferred.
- $20 fee will be charged to transfer weeks.
- $50 deposit will be charged for each week cancelled up to Wednesday before camp begins.
- Full registration fee will be charged when camp is cancelled after the Wednesday before camp begins.
Registration closes at noon on the Thursday before each camp week. If we are able to accommodate a late registration, a $25 fee will be added.
Will you help us bring kids to camp this summer? Your sponsorship will make a powerful impact on the life of a camper who would not otherwise be able to attend Camp Orchard Hill! Learn more here.
Tell your friend (must be first-time COH camper) about Summer Camp. If they sign up and write your name on the “Friend Who Referred Me” line on their registration form – you’ll get $25 off your registration fee for Day Camp or $50 off your registration fee for Overnight Camp – up to the full price of your registration! Not valid for siblings.
Faux Snow for Summer Tubing • Suit Up for Fun In a Bubbleball • Morning Camp Party • 9 Square in the Air • Gaga • Tubing • The Blob • Frogging • Boating • Fishing • Basketball • Skatepark • Zumba • Crafts • Nailart • Kickball • Hawktoss • Archery • Lacrosse • Climbing Wall • Zip Lines • Giant Swing • Paintball • Hockey • Broomball • Frolf • Swimming • Ladderjacks • Carpetball • Playground • Night Games • Cabin Time • Word Time • Worship
Thank you for letting me come here every day and have so much fun. It’s been one week and I’ve made a lot of friends! Thank you counselors for being kind and helpful when we needed it…and most of all, thank you for teaching me more about God and Jesus.
Our kids were thoroughly blessed by the camp experience. The counselors were very kind, the girls loved making new friends and enjoyed the activities and food very much. To top that they were also spiritually refreshed and encouraged.