Summer Staff Jobs
My name is Derek Hodne and I’m currently putting together a team of strangely talented college-age young people to spend their summer at Camp Orchard Hill in Dallas, PA. If you love the Lord and are passionate about sharing the Gospel with kids, then this may be the place for you!
Camp Orchard Hill is located in Northeast Pennsylvania in the Pocono Mountains – just 2 hours north of Philadelphia and 2.5 hours west of NYC. We have been running summer camp for kids since 1972.
Campers come from all over the East Coast, from all church denominations and all walks of life – elementary, middle school and high school students – up to 180 at a time! They arrive on Sunday afternoon and leave Saturday morning – and our goal as a summer team is to make every hour of those 6 days amazing, memorable – and most importantly spiritually transforming.
Every morning hundreds of campers ages 4 – 15 from the local area descend on the gymnasium for a full day of swimming, boating, bike riding, day trips, worship and WORD time. All the amazing fun of camp, packed into 9 hours/day. Some come for a week, some for the entire summer.
Staff Orientation: June 10 – 15
SUMMER TEAM DETAILS:
Each summer, COH is home to almost 100 seasonal employees. We hire many team members for our full season of June 10 – August 23, but we have partial summer opportunities as well as year-round opportunities. There are positions available for all personality types and skill sets!
For the following positions, please click the “Summer Staff Application” below.
- Day Camp Counselor (Orientation June 10-15, Camp weeks June 17-August 23)
- Rise Adventure Leader (Orientation June 10-15, Camp weeks June 17-August 23)
- Day Camp Unit Leader(Orientation June 10-15, Camp weeks June 17-August 23)
- Day Camp Manager (Orientation June 10-15, Camp weeks June 17-August 23)
- Overnight Camp Counselor (Orientation June 10-15, Camp weeks July 14-August 10, *Can serve in other positions (program/day camp during non-traditional camper weeks, i.e. rental/youth groups), Serves Overnight camp primarily. Partial season available (even if only 1-4 weeks)
- Male Overnight Camp Summer Activity Leader (Orientation June 10-15, Camp weeks June 16-August 10), Serves primarily overnight camp, rental/youth groups
- Leadership Training “CORE” Counselor (Orientation June 10-15, Camp weeks June 16-August 10), Serves all programs
- Activity Specialist (High/low Ropes, Paintball) (Orientation June 10-15, Camp weeks June 17-August 23), Serves all programs
- Program Specialist (Field Games, Ropes Assistant, Lakefront, Crafts, Music) (Orientation June 10-15, Camper weeks June 16-August 23), Serves all programs
- Videographer/Photographer (Orientation June 10-15, Camper weeks June 16-August 23), Serves Overnight and Day Camp
For the following positions, please use the Part-Time Staff Application link below! Many of these positions are available year-round and adults are encouraged to apply!
- Food Service: Join Chef Steve in serving our guests will high quality, fresh food. Year-round hours are available and adults are encouraged to apply!
- Cooks (To prepare and cook meals for all shifts)
- Prep Cooks (Help prep meals for food service)
- Dish Washers (Clean Up wash and sanitize)
- Servers (To help serve our guests)
- Night Cleaning Crew We strive to make the best experience for our guests by keeping camp clean! Most of this work is done during the overnight hours and on Saturday. Nighttime hours for ages 18 and up.
- Snack Shop 20-30 hours/week. Afternoon and evening hours. Age 14 and up.
- Lifeguards Must have Red Cross or equivalent certification. Age 16 and up. 10-30 hours/week.
Internship credit is available through Eastern University and Lancaster Bible College and for all college students, through Pilgrimage Educational Resources.
We’ll give you name tape on the first day, but by the end of this two weeks, you’ll be like family! Orientation is a time for the staff team to bond, coordinate their wacky talents for the good of the campers, plan summer activities and train on the basics of camp life.
WHAT COH IS ABOUT…
The Camp Orchard Hill program ministry will use God’s gifts of Creation, His Word, and His people to help children, youth, and their families grow towards Christ.
Here are ways we do ministry:
Camp Orchard Hill is a safe place. We will create an atmosphere where physical, emotional, social and spiritual safety is our #1 objective to meet the goal of helping people grow towards Christ.
We offer an environment and opportunity for Biblical Spiritual Growth consistent with our Doctrinal Statement of Faith.
We will offer a hands-on educational experience. All experience at COH is an opportunity to learn and all experience offered here will be viewed that way.
Camp is fun. It is a place where smiles and laughter are the norm and we won’t take ourselves too seriously.
HERE’S WHAT THE SUMMER STAFF FROM THE PAST HAVE HAD TO SAY:
“Camp Orchard Hill has been used by God to give me the 2 best summers of my entire life, which included great spiritual growth and life-long friendships with people from all over the country.”
“The campers were so much fun and I loved having talks with them about their faith. The trust between counselors and campers was amazing.”
“I have left camp as a completely new gal, I have never wanted or respected God in the way I do now. I really want to serve and do His will in anyway I can.”
“Life changing experience and utterly uplifting!”
“This is the best job I’ve ever had! I can’t believe I get paid to do this! The people are easy to work with, the staff is flexible and if you’re willing to be stretched, God will use you!”
“God is so present here and I know he has done great things through this place. COH has played a huge role in my faith and has taught me so much. I’m positive it means as much to all of the campers.”